We have always been a progressive company who for the last 20 years have been working with Maori; employing young Mums with a flexible work-from-home schedule to allow them to manage their children; working with ethical operators; giving back to communities with donations; conserving energy in our daily operations; giving of our time to help suppliers develop and so on. People who work with us know this and we enjoy a superb reputation of high integrity. These days, however, it is not enough to do these things naturally, one must now have a policy around them. This, then, is our policy.
- Diversity – gender, race, ability (disability) – we are welcoming to all people
- Community engagement – support for local initiatives – pest control, Orca research, Maori youth
- Employment opportunities – all genders, race, ability – empowering our people with flexible working terms, paying above living wage, opportunity for working mums
- Cultural – engagement with Maori communities
- Environment – solar, limited carbon footprint, sustainability leadership, work from home, no paper vouchers, itineraries etc.
- Health and Safety – Qualmark endorsed, covid ready, robust systems